Shop Now

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

DIY Bookshelves

We started working on Madison's room earlier this year.  She is so excited with all the new stuff in her room and I am excited that I almost have one complete room in our house.

Our most recent project was a set of bookshelves for her wall.  I love that it adds a little bit of decoration to the room and I love that it's so easy for both my girls to put away the books.  No more piles of books laying around on the floor.


I had some leftover wood from an old project so the only thing I had to buy was a countersink drill bit. 

I used a 1x6 for the back piece against the wall, a 1x4 for the bottom and a 1x3 for the front piece.  I put all five shelves together in one afternoon.  The priming and painting took the longest with all the drying time.  Once they were done, I hung them by drilling right into the wall studs.  It was such an easy project.


Most days I find Madison sitting in front of her shelves reading a book, then rearranging the shelves so they look pretty.


Linking to:
 


2 comments:

  1. They're awesome! Beautiful work! Looks like someone is enjoying it! :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our most recent project was a set of bookshelves for her wall. I love that ... bookshelveswallmounted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete